Tuesday

Willow, Our Beloved Cat



"The Journey: Across the Rainbow Bridge"
 With Heart and Hands

An Original Poem by Michele Bilyeu
Salem, Oregon and Douglas, Alaska 
www.with-heart-and-hands.com


There is a place, the Rainbow Bridge, with colors of all hue…
It stretches through all space and time, to connect my heart to you

You were, you are, forever more, a part of all held near...
My inner child, my joy, my love, my little one so dear

My heartstrings stretch across the planes, to all my eyes can see…
To that inner world where all is felt, that keeps you close to me

When loved ones leave on journeys, across that Bridge of Light…
And hearts connect through love that’s shared, the beautiful and the bright

Through darkest clouds of pain and loss, to journeys that cross all time….
We fly on wings not of our own, our hearts, our spirits shine

We feel the sun's rays through us, we breathe in time, and space…
The hardness softens gently, the heaviness abates.

One moment measured out in time, one chord of celestial song…
Across that bridge, where magic waits, one heart light moves along

I feel you near, you comfort still, a sweet presence, not far apart…
The angels gather ‘round us both, in the gardens of our heart.


© Michele M. Bilyeu




Our beloved little Willow, now 18 years old, died today with me by her side all day, loving her, petting her soft fur, and letting her know that the Rainbow Bridge was within sight and that it was all right to cross over it.

I told her how much I loved her, what she had meant to all of our lives from the first day that she was a surprise 9th birthday gift for our youngest daughter.

Oh, and such a wonderful, wonderful surprise. Through so many hard times and challenging days, she was always there for us to hold, to curl up with, and to love.

She was always, always 'the best gift ever' and she will always be just that...a true gift to all of us.

We'll miss you with all our hearts, sweet Willow...... for we all loved you so!



Michele Bilyeu blogs With Heart and Hands as she shares a quilting journey through her life in Salem, Oregon and Douglas, Alaska.