Wednesday

Keira's Journey: Crossing the Rainbow Bridge


(June 29, 2001-February 20, 2009)

In memory of my precious Keira and her new journey I wrote the following poem:

"The Journey: Across the Rainbow Bridge"

By Michele Bilyeu

With Heart and Hands
www.with-heart-and-hands.com

***************************************************

There is a place, the Rainbow Bridge, with colors of all hue…
It stretches through all space and time, to connect my heart to you

You were, you are, forever more, a part of all held near...
My inner child, my joy, my love, my little one so dear

My heartstrings stretch across the planes, to all my eyes can see…
To that inner world where all is felt, that keeps you close to me

When loved ones leave on journeys, across that Bridge of Light…
And hearts connect through love that’s shared, the beautiful and the bright

Through darkest clouds of pain and loss, to journeys that cross all time….
We fly on wings not of our own, our hearts, our spirits shine

We feel the sun's rays through us, we breathe in time, and space…
The hardness softens gently, the heaviness abates.

One moment measured out in time, one chord of celestial song…
Across that bridge, where magic waits, one heart light moves along

I feel you near, you comfort still, a sweet presence, not far apart…
The angels gather ‘round us both, in the gardens of our heart.

© Michele M. Bilyeu 2009


For my precious Keira,
I’m grateful for the 7 years you held your sweet face so very close to mine.


And for our Beloved Willow, Who we were truly blessed to have so lovingly in our lives for 18 years.

Thank you for having been in our lives for so very long. We miss you, always.

Goodbye Sweet, Sweet Boy: Our Tao




We took our precious boy, Tao, to a sudden.... and unexpected final goodbye.... and the journey home on the Rainbow Bridge yesterday.

For Sweet Sophie, Gentle Gigi, and Gregarious Georgette...yes, I dearly love our pet chickens, and each girl was such a sweetheart!

And for Gypsy and Snitzy, our beloved dogs, and Magic, the first beloved black cat, who showed up as a stray, rode home on our shoulders, and opened drawers as if by magic. 

And for Taffy, my little 'cat in the hat', who died during our house fire in 1971, but not before saving the lives of my parents, and my 4 younger brothers, by waking them all up and then hiding and not found by the firemen. 

And to Pandora, and Bitsy, and Rusty, and Dusty, my childhood cats, and to Star, who got canine distemper in Alaska when no vaccine was yet available.

Miss you all!~

And last of all, for all of the pets, that are given so much love as they pass across, by families and children everywhere, by compassionate vets and their aides. Thank you for loving animals.